Welcome to Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories, a distinguished leader in Environmental Microbiology Services. Located in Mississauga, Ontario, our state-of-the-art laboratory provides comprehensive testing solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients. We specialize in the testing of mold and bacteria commonly detected in air, fluids, and bulk samples collected from schools, offices, hospitals, industrial, agricultural, and other work environments.
Expertise and Excellence in Environmental Microbiology Services
With a team of degreed (Ph.D. and M.Sc.) microbiologists, mycologists, and bacteriologists, we bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to every project in the field of environmental microbiology services. Our technicians, each holding a minimum of a B.S. degree, undergo a rigorous internal training program before they are entrusted with reporting results independently.
Accredited and Certified
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories is accredited by the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) to the ISO 17025 International Standard. This accreditation is a testament to our unwavering commitment to quality and precision. Additionally, we actively participate in industry-leading evaluation programs such as the U.S. CDC Environmental Legionella Isolation Techniques Evaluation (ELITE) Program and the AIHA Environmental Microbiology Proficiency Analytical Testing (EMPAT) Program. This ensures that our methodologies and results consistently meet the highest standards.
Ensuring Quality Every Step of the Way
Our robust Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program guarantees that you receive scientifically sound and legally defensible data. We understand the importance of accuracy and reliability in environmental testing, and we go above and beyond to provide results you can trust.
Flexible Turnaround Times (TAT)
At MBL, we recognize that time is of the essence. Our sample turnaround times (TAT) are designed to accommodate your specific project needs. We offer a range of TAT options, from same-day (4 hr. and 8 hr.) to 2 weeks, ensuring you get the results you need when you need them.
Our pricing structure is designed with your budget in mind. Rates are weighted based on the TAT requested, with our 2-week TAT rates offering the most economical option for our valued customers.
Partner with Us
For project managers, environmental health and safety managers, or property managers seeking reliable testing for indoor mold and bacteria or health and safety compliance, Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories is the trusted partner you’ve been searching for. Contact us today to discuss your specific needs and experience the MBL difference.
A good place to start…
Browsing through a new website can be a daunting almost intimidating experience – free resources, most popular posts, along with other neat pages – where are you supposed to start?
This page is here to make it easy for you.
The first thing you should do is sign up to our newsletter. You’ll get great tips about mold testing, bacteria analysis, results interpretation and more.
Sign-up by entering your email below, then hit the sign up button.
Learn More About MBL
To help you navigate the website, I’ve organized our most popular (and helpful) articles by category.
Mold Testing, Enumeration and Identification
- Guide to Common Household Molds & Fungi
- How to Collect Mold Samples for Testing
- Mold Test Kits and Cost of Rental Equipment
- How to Tell Mold from Dirt, Stains and Other Common Discolorations
- What Are Dimorphic Fungi? Explained…
- The Risks Associated with Eating Moldy Foods
- Indoor Molds that Produce Toxins on Building Materials
- What You Should Know About Mold Allergies
- Can Mold Exposure Really Trigger Parkinson’s Disease?
- Have You Been Exposed to Mold? Read this…
- Can a Landlord Sue a Tenant Over Mold Growth?
- Using Molds As Forensic Tools In Building Investigations
- Can Black Mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) Affect Pregnancy?
Bacteria Analysis & Testing
- How to Collect Bacteria Samples for Analysis
- Bacteria in Water: Coliforms, Iron and Sulfur Bacteria
- Bacteria That Are Commonly Found Indoors
- The Symptoms of Legionnaires’ Disease
- MBL Among The CDC ELITE Certified Labs in Legionella Testing
- Why Test For Total Coliform, Fecal Coliform and Enterococcus
- How Skin Bacteria Could Be Used to Identify You
Free Downloadable PDF’s
- How To Interpret Laboratory Results for Airborne Fungal (Mould) Samples
- Guidelines for Interpreting Numerical Data of Non-viable (Spore Traps) and Viable Airborne Mould Samples
- Airborne Fungal Spores: Non-viable and Viable Air Sampling Methods
- Interpreting Numerical Data of Viable Airborne Mould Samples
- How IAQ Professionals Could Help Improve Laboratory Reports
Talk to you soon,
Jackson Kung’u, PhD
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories