Price Breakdown For Bacteria and Mold Testing Kits
To request our current mold and bacteria sample testing prices, please call 905-290-9101 (Toll-free: 1-866-813-0648).
What You Needed To Know About Cost of Mold Testing. The cost of mold test kits can vary greatly from one provider to another. Before settling for a low price or a high price. Do some homework! Mold projects can end up in costly lawsuits.
You want to be sure the lab you use not only provides accurate results but they would also be able to defend the testing methods they use in a court of law. What level of identification do they provide? What are their qualifications? Do they participate in a quality control/assurance program such as AIHA EMPAT?
Air Sampling Equipment Rental Prices
SKC QuickTake 30 Kit – The QuickTake 30, is a high volume air sampling pump that operates at a constant flow rate of 10 to 30 L/min. QuickTake 30 is ideal for use with BioStage Impactors, spore trap cassettes such as the VersaTrap, Air-O-Cell Cassettes, asbestos cassettes, microvacuum cassettes, or other samplers that require flow rates of up to 30 L/min.
$50 per day, or $200 per week.
Sample Pump click the image of the pump.
- Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) fit directly and easily onto pump inlet.
- Provides optimum flow rate.
- Can be used with Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) attached to sampling wand accessory.
- Mount with Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) on tripod accessory to monitor breathing zone level.
- Use with Spore traps (VersaTrap Cassette or Air-O-Cell Cassettes) and wall adapter for mold screening in wall cavities.
$50 per day, or $200 per week.
Agar Media and Other Sampling Supplies
- These cassettes collect airborne spores, pollen, fibres and other particulates on a sticky surface.
- Collected material are analyzed by direct microscopy. No culturing is required.
- Mold spores identified to genus level where possible.
- Results can be obtained the same day or even onsite hence useful for final mold clearance.
- Samples generally taken for 5 or 10 min. Samples may be taken for longer or shorter periods depending on the environment being sampled.
$10 $6.50 per cassette
RCS Agar strip (currently NOT available)- Used for culturable air samplesThe Biotest Agar Strips are used with the RCS sampler (High Flow, Isolator, Plus and Standard Microbial Air Sampler). They are easily loaded into the rotor of the sampler. The Agar Strip packaging is composed of a plastic holder with grids (wells) filled with 11 g of a sterile specific solid agar medium. Each agar strip is individually enclosed in a PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic to protect them from contamination.
$5 per strip
- MEA (Malt Extract Agar): Good for general assessment of airborne culturable molds – $3.25 per plate
- DG-18 (Dichloran 18% Glycerol): For collection of xerophilic molds and yeasts (some species of Aspergillus (ie, Aspergillus versicolor), Penicillium, Wallemia, etc) – $4.25 per plate
- CMA (Cornmeal Agar): Suitable for sampling of molds such as Chaetomium and Stachybotrys that are commonly found on water-damaged cellulose containing material. – $3.25 per plate
- TSA (Tryptic Soy Agar): Used for collection of bacteria. – $3.25 per plate
Sterile swabs are ideal for testing the level of contamination on surfaces. Swabs are very useful on hard-to-reach places such as crevices. Both mold and bacteria can be tested by culture methods from a single swab. It is recommended that wet swabs are used on dry surfaces and dry swabs on wet surfaces. Wet culture medium swabs are required for bacterial sampling.
$2.50 per swab
Water Sampling Containers
Chlorinated water should be treated with sodium thiosulfate (available – please let us know) to neutralize the chlorine. Water samples should be brought to the lab ideally within a few hours of sampling. (Please contact us to discuss your needs and how we can help).
Where to Pick up The Equipment and Sampling Media
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL)Inc.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, ON L4W 4N7
We can also ship the equipment and supplies to you! Just give us a call (main intersection: Tomken/Matheson)
Phone: 905-290-9101; Toll Free: 1-866-813-0648
Please call us 3 to 4 days in advance to ensure that we have everything in stock.
Should you have question about any services or our bacteria and mold testing kits, please send your question to Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories or fill out our Contact Form and submit for priority attention. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed. For immediate assistance call 905-290-9101.
Latest posts by Dr Jackson Kung'u (see all)
- Is Black Mold (Stachybotrys) a New Emerging Opportunistic Human Fungal Pathogen? - April 2, 2020
- How and why to keep your carpet mold and bacteria free - March 17, 2020
- Scared of buying a moldy house? Here is what you should know - February 4, 2020