We analyse all types of environmental samples for mold and bacteria. Sample matrices for mold testing include viable and non-viable air, bulk and surface samples.
We also provide air sampling cassettes and pumps to clients who may need them.
MBL is proficient in mold analysis and is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 International Standard by the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA).
Our microbiologists have extensive experience in mold testing and can assist clients (if requested) with analytical results interpretation.
All Laboratories are not the same- Choose the right one
Most environmental consultants, IAQ professionals and health and safety officers don’t factor in quality when they choose a lab. Incorrectly, they think most labs will deliver the same results. They don’t. And that lack of consistency has led to false positives, unreported issues and a lot of wasted money and time.
Step 1: Look for accreditation
Specifically, look for an ISO 17025 International Standard. It’s a sign of quality processes and procedures. We have that. Request a Quote.
Step 2: Consider the price
Like with anything else, you get what you pay for. So if you’re being quoted a price that’s too good to be true, it probably is. That’s not to say more expensive is better, but cheaper is almost always worse.
Step 3: Find out what they can do
- Culturable fungal analysis (culturable Air for samples including RCS, Andersen, SAS, etc.): We’ll identify to genus or species level of all fungi present and enumeration to cfu/m3.
- Direct microscopic exam (Direct Microscopic Examination of tape, bulk, swab and water samples): We’ll identify the genus (or group) of all fungi present and perform a qualitative assessment.
- Fungi surface culture (swabs, wipes, bulk samples, dust, water, etc.): We’ll identify all fungi present to the genus and/or species level, and quantify to CFU/unit.
- Spore trap analysis (air-O-Cell, BioAire and Micro5 cassettes, Allergenco, Burkard and BioSIS slides): We can identify and enumerate (counts/m3) to genus (or group) of all spore types present. We can quantify fibers and hyphal fragments, and assess background debris and skin cells.
- Help troubleshoot fungal contamination issues of imported or stored products
Step 4: Find out how they go above and beyond
For example, our service includes:
- Reliable turnaround times – Fast and consistent to meet your needs.
- Industry-leading service – You’ll have a dedicated project manager to answer questions and alleviate concerns.
- Free shipping with no hidden costs on prepaid projects with 5 or more samples.
- Easy-to-understand reports so you understand what you have and what you need to do.
- Degreed analysts who perform all analyses. We don’t just hire anybody. This is way too important.
Want to Contact us?
Click Contact Link Below to Send us a Message or Ask a Question. We shall respond to you by Email.