Mold Inspection Services for Condominium and Commercial Property Managers
For Condominium and Commercial Property Managers, making sure that their employees or tenants are not exposed to mold should be a key concern. Landlords have the responsibility of providing their tenants with a healthy environment free from mold growth. Both old and new buildings can be affected by mold growth if appropriate measures are not taken. Apart from health issues, mold can cause a lot of damage to buildings if it is not removed on time. Taken a step further, exposing tenants to mold can expose landlords and property managers to liability issues, potential lawsuits, and undue expense.
How Condominium and Property Managers Should Deal With Mold
As the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure. While it is difficult to eliminate all mold and mold spores in an indoor environment, moisture control is the key to mold control. Some steps to reduce available moisture and hence prevent mold growth include:
- Repairing leaky plumbing and building leaks immediately they are noticed.
- Encouraging tenants to dry any water or condensation within 48 hours.
- Keeping heating, ventilation, and air conditioning drip pans clean and unobstructed.
- Venting moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible.
- Maintaining indoor humidity below 60% but not too low.
When to Seek Mold Inspection Services
As a landlord, property manager or homeoner, you should consider hiring a mold inspector if the building had incidences of water intrusion/damage, high humidity, flooding, or renovations. The mold inspection can be restricted to the affected units (apartments or rooms). You should also consider mold inspection if:
- visible mold is not present, but there is musty smell. Musty smell is an indication of microbial growth. A mold inspection and mold test can reveal whether there is indeed elevated mold, and where it is located.
- mold was removed. After mold removal, mold inspection and testing may help to determine if the previous mold issues had been effectively resolved and mold counts had returned to levels found in normal environments of the same type.
- tenants express health concerns that they or their doctor suspect could be caused by indoor mold.
It is important to hire a qualified mold professional with a deep understanding of microbiology.
Why Use MBL for Your Mold Inspection and Testing?
MBL’s team of qualified microbiologists provide thorough and extensive mold inspection and mold testing services to ensure all mold contamination are found, identified, and professionally assessed. As microbiologists we know where mold is likely to growth and the kind of samples we should collect for laboratory analysis. Once the inspection is completed and the mold and air samples are analyzed by our accredited laboratory, a detailed report is prepared. If required, our microbiologists provide post mold inspection consultation to ensure a thorough understanding of results and recommendations made. We DO NOT offer mold removal or mold remediation services and hence there is no conflict of interests.
If you need mold inspection and testing services, call 905-290-9101 or click the button below to request a quote.