WHMIS Online Training Course
The online WHMIS training course will guide you through all aspects of the WHMIS system, from the classifications, WHMIS symbols, labels to MSDS. After completion of the course, participants are able to understand:
- How to protect themselves when working with or working near hazardous products or materials
- The meaning of WHMIS symbols
- How to read product labels
- What to do in case of an emergency or spills
- What hazards are associated with what products.
What does WHMIS stand for?
WHMIS stands for Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. All employers whose workplaces handle hazardous materials or products are required to show due diligence in ensuring their employees are WHMIS trained. WHMIS systems must be reviewed every year, including some measure of training. WHMIS is Canada-wide legislation, dealing with controlled products in the workplace.
Topics covered in the WHMIS online course
The online WHMIS course covers the following topics among other health and safety related topics:
- What does whmis stand for?
- Whmis classification
- Whmis symbols and meanings
- Whmis workplace labels
- Msds sheets and how to use them
- Employee education
- Employer, supplier and employee responsibilities
Who might benefit from this online WHMIS training course?
You may benefit from this course if you are:
- An employer whose workplace handles hazardous materials
- An employee intending to work in an environment where hazardous materials are handled.
- A person responsible for health and safety in the workplace
How long does it take to complete the online WHMIS training course?
The course is designed to take ½-day (about 4 hours). However, to make it flexible and convenient to fit into your busy schedule, we don’t limit the time you take to complete the course. You can complete the course in a day or a week if you wish.
How is the online WHMIS training course taught?
The course consists of interactive slide presentations.
Are certificates awarded?
Upon successful completion, a certificate is prepared and mailed to the course participant. Be sure to send us your mailing address after you complete the course.
The course costs $32.79.