Don’t Spend On Mold Removal Before Testing The Mold First…
Whether you should do the mold removal yourself depends on a number of factors. One consideration is the size of the area covered by visible mold growth. If the moldy area is less than about 10 square feet (less than roughly a 3 ft. by 3 ft. patch), in most cases, you can handle the mold removal yourself.
Before mold removal, it is important to send samples to a mold testing laboratory in order to determine whether you have toxic mold in your home or office. Knowing the type and amount of mold present will help in deciding the safest mold removal strategy to use. An accredited laboratory like Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories can help you determine whether the mold is dangerous or not.
Once you’ve confirmed the mold is a health hazard you should talk to a professional mold removal service as soon as possible. If the mold is not toxic and it covers less than 10 square feet then you can remove it yourself if you wish.
A professional mold removal company will safely remove mold without allowing the spores to spread into the rest of the house. Whether your concern is basement mold, bathroom mold, black mold, carpet mold, ceiling mold, attic mold, crawlspace mold, or mold on the wall Don’t Spend On Mold Removal Before Testing It First.
Have PEACE OF MIND FOR ONLY $50 PER SAMPLE and find out if you have HAZARDOUS MOLD that could harm you and your family’s HEALTH!
How To Collect Mold Samples For Sending To A Laboratory For Testing
- Download the and print a copy (if you cannot print, provide the information required on a blank sheet of paper)
- Cut off approximately 2-3 inches long of clear scotch tape.
- Hold tape at one end and place sticky side down onto the surface with visible mould growth and press gently.
- Remove tape and stick it onto a ziplock bag (Do not fold the tape).
- Number each tape and identify the sites or locations sampled. For example:
- Tape 1: Basement, east wall.
- Tape 2: Window sill, master bedroom.
- Tape 3: Ceiling tile, kitchen.
- Enclose samples in an envelope or bag
(NOTE: More than one type of mold may be present. If several sites show visible mold growth, it is advisable to take more than one sample.)
No special MOLD TESTING KIT is required! Just use Clear Scotch Tape from your local store.
You can also send pieces of wallpaper, drywall, wood, carpet and insulation material for mold testing.
Submit the samples together with the following information:
- Fax (if available)
- Email address
- The date the sample was collected
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, ON L4W 4N7
The Mold Testing Package Fee Includes:
- Analysis of one sample collected using Clear Scotch Tape (see “tip” below)
- Lab report
- Results interpretation
- 15-minute free consultation (if requested) with one of our microbiologists
- Turnaround Time: 2-3 working days
Tip: If you see mold growth in more than one place (say kitchen, washroom, bedroom and basement), we recommend taking a minimum of 3 samples. This because the mold in the washroom is highly likely to be different from that in the basement or kitchen or ceiling.
Additional Tape Lift or Bulk Samples…..$50/sample. THREE samples would therefore cost $150 plus tax.