Better Get the Best Mold Test Kit Professionals Use!
Try This Easy and Convenient Method of Testing for Mold. (Watch The Video)
If you suspect there to be mold anywhere around your home or office, don’t worry!
All you need is 2-3 inches of clear scotch tape and plastic sandwich bags which you can easily get from your local stores.
Mold has scientifically been proven to cause mold allergy symptoms, and you might be unaware why you may be constantly experiencing:
- Flu-like symptoms
Take Control Immediately and Tackle Mold!
Who is most at risk of black mold exposure?
Everyone is at risk. However, the elderly, young children, the ill, and those with a history of asthma are at higher risk of suffering from mold related illnesses. So if you find mold in your home, it’s important for everyone’s health that it is analyzed and immediately removed.
What Do You Do If You Have Mold in Your Home?
The good news is that not all molds that occur indoors can affect your health, but even a small amount of mold growing in your home should be identified and removed. Current Health Canada Residential Indoor Air Quality Guideline cited above advise building occupants to clean-up and/or remove visible mold growth. You can control mold growth by eliminating or reducing moisture in your home.
Caution: If you have a large amount of toxic mold present (over 10 square feet), please call a professional. Trying to remove large amounts of toxic mold without specialized protection equipment and expertise in handling hazardous material can result in heavy exposure to toxic mold spores, which may cause you or your family to become ill.
How Do You Remove Mold Safely?
In order to remove mold safely and permanently you need to:
- have it identified correctly by a qualified mold laboratory so that you know whether it is toxic or not;
- identify the underlying cause (i.e., moisture source) that led to mold growth in the first place and fix the problem;
- remove or hire a professional to remove the mold safely.
But Never attempt to remove mold yourself:
- If you don’t know what type of mold you are dealing with;
- If the area covered by the mold exceeds (or you suspect it exceeds) 10 square feet; and
- If you are sensitive to mold or if you may be exposing someone else who is sensitive to mold.
Consulting a professional mold removal company can be very expensive, and sometimes unnecessary.
How do you know if the mold is toxic? Simply send samples to our lab for testing.
A simple, inexpensive lab test can save you money and protect your family’s health
You can have peace of mind! For $49.99 per sample, you will know whether the mold growing in your home or office is hazardous to your health or just a cosmetic problem. You’ll know the mold in your home will be properly and correctly analyzed because our mold testing laboratory is headed by someone with a PhD in microbiology and who has worked in this field for over 25 years.
Within 2-3 business days (after receiving your samples), we’ll send you an easy-to-understand, step-by-step laboratory report that will be:
- identifying the mold from your sample,
- explaining any known health problems associated with the identified mold,
- providing additional information to help you decide if you need to hire a professional.
Plus, you also get a free 15-minutes consultation with one of our experienced Microbiologists to answer any questions you may have (additional time can be purchased upon request).
How Do You Take Samples for Mold Testing
No special mold testing kit is required! You can use clear scotch tape. It’s inexpensive, easy to use and works just like taking a fingerprint.
Follow These Simple Instructions:
- Download and print our easy-to-use mold testing order form;
- Wear gloves;
- Use approximately 2-3 inches of clear scotch tape;
- Hold tape at one end and place sticky side down onto the surface with visible mold growth and press gently;
- Remove tape and stick it onto a ziplock bag (Do not fold the tape);
- Number each tape and identify the sites sampled. For example:
- Tape 1: Basement, east wall.
- Tape 2: Windowsill, master bedroom.
- Tape 3: Ceiling tile, kitchen.
- Enclose samples in an envelope or bag.
(NOTE: More than one mold type may be present. If several sites show visible mold growth, it is advisable to take more than one sample.)
If You Don’t Have Clear Scotch Tape, you can send to the lab pieces of wallpaper, drywall, wood, carpet and insulation material for mold testing.
Finally…How To Send the Samples!
Download the mold testing order form, print it and fill in the information required about the samples and submit the completed form along with your samples and your payment of $50 for each sample. You can pay by money order, Visa or MasterCard. Please indicate your payment method on our mold testing order form, and provide credit card information if it’s your payment choice. Please make your money order payable to Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc. If you can’t print the mold testing order form, you can just submit the samples together with the following information:
- Fax (if available)
- Email address
- The date the sample was collected
- Payment details (for credit card payment, include expiry date)
Samples can be sent from anywhere in the USA or Canada to:
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, ON L4W 4N7
(Attn: Dr. Jackson Kung’u)
Don’t delay. Left alone, mold continues to grow. Send us your samples today!
Make sure you know what type of mold is in your home. Make sure you know whether it’s hazardous to your health or not, and make sure you know exactly how to remove it. It’s easy, it’s affordable and it will give you peace of mind.
Download our easy-to-use order form today. It includes information you need to send together with the samples. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the lab directly at 905-290-9101 or 1-866-813-0648 (toll free)!
Laboratory results and interpretation will be sent to you within 48 working hours.
Do You Need More Information Or Help?
Phone: 1-905-290-9101 ~ Toll Free: 1-866-813-0648
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc.
Take Control of Hazardous Mold ~ Start Living A Healthy Fresh Life