Don’t Spend On Bathroom Mold Removal Before Testing The Mold First…
Almost every home has some amount of mold growth. Bathroom mold can start out as just a small spot and then spread quickly giving an unsightly, disgusting sight. In severe cases, bathroom mold can become a health hazard. Whether you should do the bathroom mold removal yourself depends on the size of the area covered by visible mold growth among other factors. If the bathroom mold covers less than about 10 square feet (less than roughly a 3 ft. by 3 ft. patch), in most cases, you can handle the mold removal yourself.
For Safe Bathroom Mold Removal, Test Mold Samples For Toxicity!
Before bathroom mold removal, it is important to send samples to a mold testing laboratory in order to determine whether you have toxic mold in your home or office. Knowing the type and amount of mold present will help in deciding the safest mold removal strategy to use. An accredited laboratory like Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories can help you determine whether the mold is dangerous or not.
If the laboratory test confirms that the mold is a health hazard then consider hiring the services of a qualified mold removal company. However, if the mold is not toxic and it covers less than 10 square feet then you can remove it yourself if you wish.
Have PEACE OF MIND FOR ONLY $50 PER SAMPLE and find out if you have HAZARDOUS MOLD that could harm you and your family’s HEALTH!
How To Collect Bathroom Mold Samples For Sending To A Laboratory For Testing
- Download the and print a copy (if you cannot print, provide the information required on a blank sheet of paper)
- Cut off approximately 2-3 inches long of clear scotch tape. If the place where you are collecting the sample is very wet and the tape doesn’t work, use Q-tips
- Hold tape at one end and place sticky side down onto the surface with visible mold growth and press gently.
- Remove tape and stick it onto a ziplock bag (Do not fold the tape).
- Number each tape and identify the sites or locations sampled. For example:
- Tape 1: Bathroom mold, east side.
- Tape 2: Bathroom mold, ceiling.
- Tape 3: Bathroom mold, west side.
- Enclose samples in an envelope or bag
(NOTE: More than one type of mold may be present in the bathroom. If several sites show visible mold growth, it is advisable to take more than one sample.)
No special MOLD TESTING KIT is required! Just use Clear Scotch Tape from your local store.
You can also send pieces of wallpaper, drywall, wood, carpet and insulation material for mold testing.
Submit the samples together with the following information:
- Fax (if available)
- Email address
- The date the sample was collected
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, ON L4W 4N7
The Mold Testing Package Fee Includes:
- Analysis of one sample collected using Clear Scotch Tape (see “tip” below)
- Lab report
- Results interpretation
- 15-minute free consultation (if requested) with one of our microbiologists
- Turnaround Time: 2-3 working days
Tip: If you see mold growth in more than one place in the bathroom, we recommend taking a minimum of 3 samples. This because the mold in one side of the bathroom is highly likely to be different from that in another side.
Additional Tape Lift or Bulk Samples…..$50/sample. THREE samples would therefore cost $150 plus tax.