Don’t Spend On Basement Mold Removal Before Testing The Mold First…
Mold is very common in the basements on damp or wet drywall, wood and insulation. Whether you should do the basement mold removal yourself depends on a number of factors. Most important are the size of the area covered by visible mold growth and the type of mold present. If the type of mold present has no known health effects and it covers less than about 10 square feet (less than roughly a 3 ft. by 3 ft. patch), in most cases, you can handle the basement mold removal yourself.
Take No Risks. Test Mold Samples Before Basement Mold Removal!
Before mold removal, it is important to send samples to a mold testing laboratory in order to determine whether you have toxic mold in your home or office. Knowing the type and amount of mold present will help in deciding the safest mold removal strategy to use. An accredited laboratory like Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories can help you determine whether the mold is dangerous or not.
If the mold is found to be a health hazard you should consider hiring the services of a qualified mold removal company. A mold removal company will safely remove mold without allowing the spores to spread into the rest of the house. Whether your concern is basement mold, bathroom mold, black mold, carpet mold, ceiling mold, attic mold, crawlspace mold, or mold on the wall Don’t Spend On Mold Removal Before Testing It First.
Have PEACE OF MIND FOR ONLY $50 PER SAMPLE and find out if you have HAZARDOUS MOLD that could harm you and your family’s HEALTH!
How To Collect Basement Mold Samples For Sending To A Laboratory For Testing
- Download the and print a copy (if you cannot print, provide the information required on a blank sheet of paper)
- Cut off approximately 2-3 inches long of clear scotch tape.
- Hold tape at one end and place sticky side down onto the surface with visible mold growth and press gently.
- Remove tape and stick it onto a ziplock bag (Do not fold the tape).
- Number each tape and identify the sites or locations sampled. For example:
- Tape 1: Basement, east wall.
- Tape 2: Window sill, master bedroom.
- Tape 3: Ceiling tile, kitchen.
- Enclose samples in an envelope or bag
(NOTE: More than one type of mold may be present in the basement. If several sites show visible mold growth, it is advisable to take more than one sample.)
No special MOLD TESTING KIT is required! Just use Clear Scotch Tape from your local store.
You can also send pieces of wallpaper, drywall, wood, carpet and insulation material for mold testing.
Submit the samples together with the following information:
- Fax (if available)
- Email address
- The date the sample was collected
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, ON L4W 4N7
The Mold Testing Package Fee Includes:
- Analysis of one sample collected using Clear Scotch Tape (see “tip” below)
- Lab report
- Results interpretation
- 15-minute free consultation (if requested) with one of our microbiologists
- Turnaround Time: 2-3 working days
Tip: If you see mold growth in more than one place, we recommend taking a minimum of 3 samples. This is because the mold in one area of the basement is highly likely to be different from that in another area.
Additional Tape Lift or Bulk Samples…..$50/sample. THREE samples would therefore cost $150 plus tax.